Belgian explorators and administration took place from the 1870s until the 1920s. It was first led by Sir Henry Morton Stanley, explorators under the sponsorship of Leopold II. The eastern regions of the pre-colonial Congo were heavily disrupted by constant slave raiding, mainly from Arab–Swahili slave traders BY TIPPO TIPPO who was well-known to Stanley. Leopold had designs on what was to become the Congo as a colony. The Congo territory at the Conference of Berlin in 1885 and made the land his private property and named it the Congo Free State. Leopold’s regime began various infrastructure projects, such as construction of the railway that ran from the coast to the capital of Kinshasa. It took eight years to complete. And killed more than 400 persons
In the Free State, colonists brutalized the local population to produce rubber, for which the spread of automobiles and development of rubber tires created a growing international market. The sale of rubber made a fortune for Leopold, who built several buildings in Brussels and Ostend to honor himself and his country. To enforce the rubber quotas, the army, the Force Publique, was called in and made the practice of cutting off the limbs of the natives as a means of enforcing rubber quotas a matter of policy.
During the period of 1885–1908, millions of Congolese died as a consequence of exploitation and disease. In some areas the population declined dramatically – it has been estimated that sleeping sickness and smallpox killed nearly half the population in the areas surrounding the lower Congo River.
In 1908, the Belgian parliament, despite initial reluctance, bowed to international pressure (especially that from the United Kingdom) and took over the Free State from King Leopold II. On 18 October 1908, the Belgian parliament voted in favour of annexing the Congo as a Belgian colony. Executive power rested with the Belgian Minister of Colonial Affairs, assisted by a Colonial Council (Conseil Colonial) (both located in Brussels) and the Belgian parliament exercised legislative authority over the Belgian Congo. In 1926, the colonial capital moved from Boma to Léopoldville, some 300 km further upstream in the interior.
Congo Tourist is a professional travel firm operating in DR Congo. As a ground tour expert, our team takes tourist to the all Congo, and let them live a real adventure. Despite the Democratic Republic of Congo being one among the least toured countries in Africa, slow by slowly the country is beginning to take ground in the tourism industry. Today, the country prides in its Equatorial Verdant Jungles, Numerous rivers, Volcano Mountains, and the several High Mountains. The true heart of Africa, DRC offers the traveler some of the most spectacular scenery never seen in Africa and a real adventure! This able you discover a virgin land with untouched rainforest. Come and travel with a professional tour guide in ac vehicle equipped with GPS system. We provide more than 10 different destinations that can only beckon your travel spirit. Feel free to contact us for your coming trip. Our tours are 100 % reliable and safe. Thanks to choose DR Congo as your next tourism destination
Congo Tourist is considering natural value of fauna and flora, the amazing green forest, the majestic Congo River and endless lakes, the warm hospitality of local people. We can understand and improve tourism destiny of this country… the following activities are organized by our professional team
- Congo River
- Expedition from Kisangani to Kinshasa (1724 Km in 21 days )
- Expedition from Mbandaka to Kinshasa (500Km in 5 days )
- Excursion from Kinshasa – Maluku – Kinshasa (80Km in 1 days )
- Sportive tourism (Hunt, trek , Hike and fish )
- National park of Kahuzi Biega (600.000 ha), low land gorilla.
- Virunga National park., (800.000 ha): hippopotamous, lions, buffles, elephants, antelopes, Birds Ruwenzori Chain mountain (5,119m) et les Nyamulagira et vishumbi active volcanœs
- Upemba (1.200.000 ha) and Garamba : lions, tiger Leopard, elephants, zebra.
- Kundelungu National park (240.000 ha) antelopes, chimpanzees,
- Tiger fishing at Maï – ndombe black river.
- Geographic, Historical Scientific research
- Sociology and anthropology research to pygmy
- Kisantu Botanical garden, Eyala Botanical Garden
- Mbanza ngungu Grave with blinded fishes
- Reseash in real Forest
5 The Kuba Art Museum, Nyimi, Royal palace.
- Picnic for one or two days excursion
- Kinshasa city tours.
- Bonobos sanctuary tours, Ma valee and lukaya waterfalls
- Kinshasa by night
- Congo River cruise
- Rapids and cataracts tours
- Zongo water falls
- Kisantu Botanical garden
- Mbanza Ngungu graves.
- Religious Pilgrimage tours
Pilgrimage to Kamba and Kimbangu historical tour.
- Business Tourism, conference and summit, music, wedding, and shopping.
- Facility for conference, summit and important meeting
- Investment facility
- Event organisation
- Weeding with famous Congolese musician show